The Grande Denali Lodge is located at mile 238 on the Parks Highway. We can be reached by train, motorcoach or personal vehicle.
By Personal Vehicle
If you are driving a personal vehicle, follow these directions.
- From Anchorage: drive north on the Glenn Highway (AK-1). Take the interchange north on the Parks Highway (AK-3). At mile 238, look for signs for the Grande Denali Lodge on the right (east) side of the road.
- From Fairbanks: drive south on the Parks Highway. At mile 238, look for signs for the Grande Denali Lodge on the left (east) side of the road.
The Alaska Railroad's Denali Star Train provides daily service between Anchorage and Fairbanks. Our shuttle will pick you up from or deliver you to the train station.
- Southbound Train: departs Fairbanks at 8:15 a.m., arrives in Denali Park at noon, continuing on to Anchorage arriving at 8:15 p.m.
- Northbound Train: departs Anchorage at 8:15 a.m., arrives in Denali Park at 3:45 p.m., continuing on to Fairbanks arriving at 8:15 p.m.
Transportation between Fairbanks, Denali Park and Anchorage is available from these providers:
- Parks Connection: a shuttle service offering daily connections.